Monday, April 15, 2013

The Emergency Kit

I have had the pleasure of working a few weddings. But this was by far the nearest to my heart. I am a firm believe in "The Emergency Kit"! Having items on hand reduces stress by a million for me.
My kit is listed below. Items are categorized, bagged and labeled (the categories are up to you, whatever helps you remember where to find something).


First Aid:
Visine
Hand Sani
Allergy Meds, Advil, Imodium, Pepto,Tums
Neosporin, Bacterial Wash
Alcohol Wipes (good for shellac nail shine as well)
Band-aids

Nails:
Nail Clippers
File
Cuticle Clippers
Clear Polish
Cuticle Pusher (that stick thing)


Dental:
New (spare)toothbrush
Toothpaste
Disposable brushes
Listerine Strips
Mints
Mouthwash
Floss Picks
Tools:
Scissors
Stapler
Measuring Tape
Batteries
Flash light
Binder Clips
Tape (Scotch/Duct)
Sharpies
All in one tool
Hygiene:
Deodorant
Perfume
Polish Remover
Baby Oil
Razor
Make up Towelettes
Shower Cap
Q-tip
Lotion
Pads/Tampons
Chap-stick
Baby Powder
Bobby Pins
Hair Ties (clear)
Sewing:
Iron on Hem Tape
Sewing kit
Lint Roller
Measuring Tape
Cleaner:
Clorox Wipes
Lysol
Wet Ones
Chalk (for dress)
Downy wrinkle release
Febreez
Electronics:
Headphones
Phone Charger
Audio Cord
Usb (empty)
Back up SD cards
Camera Charger
VGA Cable (if showing video)
HDMI Cable (if showing video)

So I bagged all my items, put labels on the bags, and the bags in a small overnight/large tote bag. Then threw in tissues/fans/snacks.

You never know what you will encounter when stores are closed, or moments before the big event. There are times when I use one item and times when I go through everything. But, I am always happy to have this bag.






Linked up with:
If It's Not Barouque...







2 comments: