Monday, April 15, 2013

Rehearsal Bouquet

Wow! I am still recovering from MY best friends wedding. It was a time to remember. Prepare for lots of wedding posts as I highlight different aspects. To kick it off I am starting with the bouquet made for the rehearsal. My friend Jenny Kaye is a go big or go home kinda girl. She had hundreds of bows from her shower, and asked how to make the rehearsal bouquet. Traditionally you stick the bows to a plate and call it a day, but we are too fun for that!
Using a styrofoam ball I centered it on a cardboard roll. The rolls inside decomesh are really firm, and worked perfectly. I used bobby pins to secure the bows, I tried flower pins, but the bobby pins I had on hand, and held really well. I wrapped the cardboard roll in bows. I secured the base with hot glue.
The fun stuff... one gift was topped with a mardi gras mask, and the color bows all went on last. For her bachelorette party we went to New Orleans, so I had to add a few beads afterwards. For my sweet mardi gras, New Orleans loving friend this bouquet turned out perfectly!


First Look at the Bouquet


The Beautiful Couple




Close up!







Linked up with:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

2 comments:

  1. What a fun and joyous time, and fun bouquet to boot!

    Thanks for sharing with all of us!

    Visiting from If It's Not Baroque Linky Party today from NW Illinois,
    Smiles, Suz @ MaytagNMom

    ReplyDelete