Thursday, March 14, 2013

Why the "Painted Rabbit"?

January 2012 Not Painted
January 2013 Mustache Bunny
February 2013 Mardi Gras Bunny













February 2012 Valentine Bunny













So, why the "Painted Rabbit"? People ask, of course, why I paint the rabbit? Where I got the idea? Is it the same rabbit? Here's the story...
A florist in Northwest Arkansas has a life size horse outside which they repaint almost every month. In college I worked near by and was always entertained to see the different ideas. Years later after moving to, Hot Springs Village and buying a home I noticed a lawn ornament in a neighbors yard. It is a ceramic goose that she dresses every month. I have live in this neighborhood for 2 1/2 years and have never seen her outside changing or getting the goose.
Whenever my sister would visit I would point it out, and she even saw that it "changed clothes" one day from the time we had left home until we returned that afternoon.
For Christmas 2011 Charlotte, my sister, gave me the bunny/rabbit and a load of paint and brushes. By far the most unique gift I have ever received. I have had so much fun thinking of what to do with it every month, and watching its layers grow. You can see it started gray and smooth, every month I spray a coat of white paint on (to erase the previous month) and paint away.
People say they don't know how I find the time, but it's so relaxing and fun for me I make the time. Usually I sit at the dining table and point the living room t.v. my way and paint and catch up on my shows.
This year I will most the previous year/month rabbit and current so you can see the progress. 



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful story behind the name. Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete