Monday, March 11, 2013

Green Mantle

 Eventually I will post current projects. But, for the beginning I will just review some of the things I have done in the past.

I really enjoy changing my mantle, I usually just move everything around in the living room (bric a brac and such). I have a closet full of items that I pull out and put back according to what I feel fits the season. I don't change the mantle every month... just when I feel like it:)

In January it was important for me to change because we were coming off of Christmas and that always makes me sad. It feels so empty. I found this white tree form at Gordmans in December and thought it really went well with all the winter months. The shadow box form I found at Home Goods, and it reminded me of something I had seen on Dexter so I had to have it immediately.

Apothecary jars are my answer to EVERYTHING! Easy to fill with seasonal items, and glass makes things shiny without being too girlie (sparkly). So, I took to my yard and cut a ton of branches from some ever green trees and stuffed into jars and vases and topped with water. This lasted from December 28-February 2, they were pretty nasty when I dumped them, but they still looked amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment