Monday, May 13, 2013

Favorite DIY Wreath!

I am so excited about this wreath. I have been planning it in my head for too long, and tonight I decided to bite the bullet and just make it already. So glad I did, because I love it!

I found this awesome chevron burlap ribbon at Hobby Lobby back in the fall, and bought a few rolls. I used one for Thanksgiving and have been saving the others for a special project.
For this wreath I used:
1 Straw Wreath Form
2 rolls 6 in Chevron Burlap Ribbon
1 roll 2 in Off white burlap ribbon (not the whole roll)
Scrape Fabric
Hot Glue
Florist Greening Pins
I started by bunching the first roll, pinning around the top of the wreath. Here you can see how the pins hold really well.
With the second roll I bunched around the inside of the wreath pinning the open ends of the first roll down.

The pins, they are awesome, and I can always find them at Michaels.


Flowers: Start with circles (I like thick flowers so I use 8 circles per flower. And a small round base where you will glue your petals.
Fold circles in half and then half again, glue tips in the center of the base.
One the send set of petal I like to place them by centering them in the crease of the previous petals. For the center petal, use however many circles will fill the flower. If you bunch with two hand you will get four parts touching, glue that area inside the petal.

Then just glue in the middle! Yay!






Linked up with the following parties:
If It's Not Baroque Designs
Elizabeth & Co

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

2 comments: